How we collect personal information
- how we collect personal information;
- the kind of personal information we collect; how we use, and may share, your personal information;
- how you can access/amend your personal information;
- how long we hold personal information; and who you can contact for further information.
We collect personal information about you by the following means:
- when you enquire about, or request, any of our products or services; when you purchase a product or service from us; when you participate in any competition or prize draw we may run;
- when you update your information on the Site; when you contact us; when we otherwise provide information, products or services to you; and where permitted by law.
The kind of personal information we collect :
We collect the personal information you give us or authorise others to provide to us (which may include your name, date of birth and email address). We may also keep a record of communications we have with you, information we obtain in the course of providing products and/or services to you and any information that you acquire from us.
How we use, and may share, your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to contact you about any of the products or services we offer;
- to provide you with any product or service that you may register for or purchased from us;
- to administer competitions you enter, to contact you if you win a prize and to send the prize to you;
- where you have subscribed or registered to receive any product or service from us, for any specific purpose identified in the relevant terms & conditions;
- to reply to your queries;
- to comply with relevant laws and regulations;
- for any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected;
- for our administrative purposes; and to improve the products and services we supply.
We may disclose your personal information (including your identity):
- to our agents, service providers (including our hosting providers and payment processors) and any other relevant third parties to the extent necessary to provide you with our products and/or services or for administrative purposes (which may include, without limit, confirming your compliance with any applicable terms & conditions relating to our products or services and addressing any non-compliance with those terms & conditions);
- if we are requested to do so in the course of legal proceedings or other investigations;
- to any of our affiliates and related entities; to any person you authorise us to disclose information about you to; and here we are otherwise permitted to do so by applicable law.
When you access our Site, we may use “cookies”. A cookie is a small data file that the Site sends to your browser, which may then store it on your system for later retrieval by the Site. The purpose of a cookie is to collect session information to provide you with access to tailored information and services on the Site, and to serve you better when you return to it.
You may, using the browser settings on your device, set your device to accept all cookies; to notify you when a cookie is issued or deleted, or to not receive cookies at any time.
Information supplied by cookies and session information can help us to analyse the profile of the Sites’ visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience.
Responsibility for personal information collect through linked third party websites
The Site, any news updates or other communications we have with you may contain links to third party websites. Unless expressly stated otherwise, these websites have not been developed by us and are not controlled by us. They are provided for your convenience only, and do not imply that we check, endorse, approve or agree with the privacy practices of the third party websites linked to. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website you visit.
How you can access/amend your personal information:
To access the personal information being held by us, or to request a copy, or to request a correction to that information, please contact the privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you request access to, or a copy of, your personal information, if the information is readily retrievable, then subject to any lawful grounds for withholding, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information we keep about you. If you request a correction and we agree that your personal information needs correcting, we will do so. If we do not correct your information, your correction request will be kept with your personal information that we hold.
How long we hold personal information:
We will keep your personal information for only as long as necessary for use in connection with the purpose for which it was collected.
How you can contact us for further information:
Postal Address: 139 Quay Street, Shed 20, Level 1, Princes Wharf, Auckland 1010
Email Address: email@example.com.
Last updated on 6 November 2018.
Sustainability and Quality Policies
Yealands Family Wines – Environmental and Sustainability Policy
Yealands Family Wines operates a state of the art winery in Marlborough (Yealands Seaview).
We commit to comply with, and whenever possible, exceed our legal obligations in managing our environmental impact, we also commit to continually improve our environmental performance and reduce our carbon footprint.
At Yealands we set lofty goals. By using technology, creativity, innovation and participation in certified programmes our endeavour is to be the most sustainable winery in the world. Sustainability is at the fore of our thinking, in every aspect of our business.
We are committed to monitor, review and improve our performance in 7 major areas where our activities impact the environment.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Waste, Recycling and Waste Water
- Water Usage
- Soil and Storage
- Air, Odours, Noise and Dust
- Legal Compliance
We acknowledge that our business impacts on the environment, the community and the local economy, our pledge is to work with the community and the environment in producing world class wines sustainably.
Yealands Family Wines - Food Safety and Quality Policy
The company’s quality and food safety policy is to provide competitive products and services of the highest standards of performance and reliability. By achieving this goal the company will consistently satisfy the mutually agreed needs and expectations of its customers, achieve business success and ensure that our products are always safe to consume and conform to statutory and regulatory requirements This is achieved through adoption of a food safety quality management system containing food safety policies and procedures that meet legal requirements and industry best practices so reflecting the competence of the company to customers and independent authorities.
The Company recognises that a successful food safety culture can be achieved only by following safe working practices and procedures developed through effective hazard analysis, training and experience. In order to achieve these aims, a robust Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points System (HACCP) has been introduced following a full hazard analysis of all food related operations. All instructions and control mechanisms within HACCP are designed to control any risk to food safety.
To ensure success of this policy Senior Management are directly responsible for food safety and quality by ensuring adequate; organisation and support, equipment and facilities, training and education of all employees, reviewing and auditing performance, and driving continuous improvement. Detailed organisational arrangements and food safety responsibilities for all levels of management are contained in the quality manual.
Achievement of this policy involves all staff being individually responsible for the quality of their work, resulting in a continual improvement culture and working environment for all. All employees are provided with the food safety training necessary to enable them to perform their tasks and are responsible for ensuring that they do so in a hygienic manner so that the safety of the food they handle is not put at risk. All employees are required to co-operate with any authorised person to ensure that statutory and regulatory obligations are properly complied with.
This policy is thoroughly communicated throughout the organisation in a language appropriate to all staff and a copy is provided and explained to each employee by their Direct Manager. The company food safety policy will be subject to continuous review and revision particularly when changes to legislation or technical knowledge occur.
As Chairman, I have overall responsibility for ensuring that company food safety standards, policies and procedures are maintained and implemented, and that food safety performance is regularly reviewed.
The Company Food Safety and Quality Objectives are:
- To maintain an effective Food Safety Quality Management System complying with BRC and WSMP.
- To ensure that all food is produced, stored, handled and transported in accordance with relevant legislative requirements.
- To ensure that all premises used for the preparation of wine are registered with the appropriate Local Authority
- To ensure that all risks associated with wine provision are reduced to a tolerable level
- To ensure that all wine handlers have received basic wine hygiene training
- To ensure at all times that there is an authorised release of products only when they have been confirmed as complying with agreed specifications.
- To ensure at all times that product released into the market place complies with relevant customer, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- To endeavour, at all times, to maximize customer satisfaction.
- To pro-actively promote and encourage a culture of continuous improvement within the company